Exam season sucks. And so do the calories that come with the excessive snacking I do in order to focus. If you're anything like me, finals = zero time to work out + zero time to make food + zero motivation + all the procrastination in the world.
But yo' girl's got you covered. If you're looking for a guilt free, clean and yummy munch to get through the next page of notes (or 1000), you came to the right place.
What you'll need:
1 large pot
1 spoon Coconut Oil
1/2 cup popcorn kernels
Sea salt to taste
Optional: dark chocolate chips because yum
1. Add the coconut oil and two popcorn kernels to a large pot (cover and cook over medium-high heat until both kernels POP)
2. Add the rest of the popcorn kernels, cover the pot leaving one side slightly open (to let out some steam and keep the popcorn from getting soggy), and time/count out-loud like me (hehe) for 30 seconds
3. Turn off the heat and again, like your inner 5 year old self, count down 30 seconds
4. Gently shake the pot to get the kernels moving (that way they won't burn), set the heat back to medium-high and wait for another 30 seconds, still leaving a little open slit rather than completely covering the pot
5. Turn off the heat and wait for another 30 seconds, repeating steps 4-5 until the kernel-popping time decreases, slightly reducing the heat each time
Sprinkle some sea salt & choco chips and you're basically a fit af student. Or at least halfway there.
Now get off my blog and go study.